Stained Glass Butterfly
Make these butterflies with colorful, lacy wings, and use them to decorate your windows.
Approximate Time: about 45 minutes, plus drying time
- wax paper
- paper doily
- colored tissue paper, cut into 1 1/2 - 2 inch squares
- small bowl
- white glue
- paint brush
- black pipe cleaner
- Place the doily on a sheet of wax paper.
- Pour some white glue into a small bowl. Add some water and stir to combine.
- Brush the watered-down glue over the surface of the doily, a section at a time, and place tissue paper squares onto the glue until the entire doily is covered.
- Very carefully, peel the doily from the wax paper, turn it so the tissue paper side is down, and place it on a clean piece of wax paper.
- While the glue is still wet, gather the doily together in the center. Allow the glue to dry, periodically moving the doily butterfly shape to make sure it doesn't stick to the wax paper.
- When it dries, shape the black pipe cleaner over the center you gathered to make the butterfly body.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide