Getting Rid of Coating on Teeth From Chewing Gum

I am 69 and have chewed gum "all my life", without and with dentures. I have not had trouble with gum sticking to teeth. I have chewed stick gum and the coated "Chicklet" type of gum. For almost a year now, when I chew gum, I get a coating on my dentures. I am forever running my tongue over my teeth or using a tissue or napkin to wipe this stuff off. Does anyone else have this problem and what do you do about it? I need to chew the gum to help get rid of dry mouth.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

Tha only gum I can chew with dentures is dent free. I belive thats the full name. I do know it has free as the last name.

I chew bubble yum

I think you're talking about Freedent. It's what I chew, because I, too, have dry mouth. Linda, if you haven't had trouble, I'd love to know what brand of gum you're chewing.

I am not sure what type of gum to use but I also am prone to dry mouth and I've found that being sure to brush my teeth upon waking, after every single meal or snack and before going to bed and also rinsing with water after even drinking a cup of coffee, juice or soda, etc has greatly made a difference because, besides medications and health issues, bacteria also causes dry mouth. I realized just how true doing this works when the nights I didn't brush and rinse before bed were the only nights I woke up with dry mouth. I am fairly certain that having dentures and general mouth cleanliness (because my mom had dentures from the time I was a year old) is no different and need to be kept clean to reduce bacteria too.

Linda soak your dentures in Efferdent to get rid of the film. Use a stiff denture brush to brush the particles away. And if you are talking about during the day, you will probably just have to rinse your dentures more often under warm water and bring your denture brush with you to brush them as well.

I chew Wrigleys sugar free chewing gum,it provides good saliva,I also clean my teeth and rinse my mouth out before going to bed and spray with biotene mouth wash for dry mouth,I still wake up with dry mouth as I am a mouth breather.

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 20, 2011
Flipper Teeth
Buying Flipper Teeth Kits
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
🎄