Buying Flipper Teeth Kits

Flipper teeth fit over your natural teeth and cover missing and damaged teeth. They are sometimes used by children in pageants to improve a smile marred by loss of baby teeth. This is a guide about buying flipper teeth kits.

Can I buy flippers in south Africa and if so were?

By Louis

Answers

You can go to Imako.net

That site does not ship to south Africa

Where can I buy a flipper kit for an adult?

By D Moe

Answers

What do you mean by a flipper kit. There are flipper kits for teeth, and there are flipper kits for costumes with feet flippers, and probably several more meanings for flipper kits. Which one do you mean?

Where would I get one?

upper and lower flipper teeth for adults

Can some one tell me where to buy a 'flipper', you know the false teeth for little girls in pageants? if so please let me know because I have searched the internet and found nothing.

Kelli from Florida

Answers

You have to get it from a dentist.

Yes, a dentist - it has to be fitted to the mouth that is going to be wearing it.

Unity smile. They will mail you the kit to do the impression and then you mail it back to them. It takes about a week.

I have a gap that is horrible. Where in England can I purchase flipper teeth?

By Phyllis

Answers

Hiya! I'm in Scotland but have several friends down in England.

In England, like all of the UK, the only purchase points for flippers is your dentist, he/she is the best (read only) place to get these 'stay-plate' appliances.

If you are on NHS dentistry you may still be able to get the device even though it's only to close a gap (and not for health reasons which is the only way NHS will cover the cost) - you'll have to pay the fees yourself, usually before the appliance is fitted.

When you telephone or call in to make an appointment be sure to tell the desk clerk at least three times that you understand NHS will not pay for this appliance and you are going to pay for it yourself. I've heard of NHS England and Wales being charged for these plates and then making collections calls to retrieve their money because the clerk forgot to note the chart the patient was paying.

My friend paid around £250 for a stay-plate with over seven flippers but that included the cost of extracting 4 really wonky teeth, too, for cosmetic purposes. The cost also covered some dental sculpting of remaining teeth. Now she has the smile that we think God had in mind when she was born:) She looks lovely and thinks that was a well-spent £250!

If you need to cover a small gap, the cost will likely be considerably less.

You can go to Imako.net and get a set for about $40.00.

I am looking for a dentist in Las Vegas with integrity and honesty. I have severe dental problems and need two-four teeth acrylic flipper at 76 yrs of age. Any suggestions?

Answers

The University of Nevada has a dental clinic. Their number is 702-774-7108. You could go there if it's convenient. If not, they have a list of dentists that they would recommend in your area.

I have small gaps in between my lower teeth; any possibilities?

By Cj Halls

Answers

My dentist fixed the gap between my two front teeth. It took about 10 minutes. He did not charge me. It is still there after 20 years.

I have two chipped teeth in the front top. Can I still get flippers?

By Lanorma

Answers

Yes absolutely. I did with chipped and a missing tooth. I bought mine at imoko.com for aroung $40.00.

I remember reading here some time ago, about things you could wear over your teeth, called flippers I think. I lost the link to order them and was wondering if anyone still had it?

By Yvonne from OK

Answers

temptooth.com

Can an individual purchase an adult flipper teeth kit? If so do you know where?

By Sonja F from Beaumont, TX

Where can I get flipper teeth for adults? I need them for future videos and live TV. I'm fixing to go live and I haven't any time for a dentist. Any suggestions?

By Lonnie from TX

Answers:

Flipper Teeth Kits

For the uppers you could try Imako cosmetic teeth, a press-on for the front teeth, which works even if some are missing. (see imako.net) You fit them yourself. For the lower you can get a flipper made by a dentist for about $100 or so (I did). They are considered temporary, but if you take good care of them, they can last for years. To get in, say that you have an emergency (by their lights you do) and need to get a temporary to replace lost teeth. They will make it out of false acrylic teeth and an acrylic base. For lowers, even some other places, you also might try filling in the gaps with dental wax (used to cover sharp parts on braces). I read that Lauren Hutton used to use mortuary wax to fill in the gap in her teeth when she modeled in the 70s, but don't know where she got that. Good luck. (04/12/2010)

By pamphyila

How can I get flippers?

By flu11

Answers:

Flipper Teeth Kits

Same as mentioned in the archives.

You're going to need to have a dentist make one for you. I don't know how expensive they are these days, but they are definitely a lot less money than a bridge or implant and you only need to make two visits to get one. (First visit for an impression and the second to receive the flipper.) As long as you take care of it, it will last for years if you need it to.

I had fallen face first as a child, which damaged my upper and lower front teeth and eventually had to have a lower front tooth extracted because of it and wore a flipper for a long time until I was able to afford the permanent dental work. (01/23/2010)

By Deeli

How do you get teeth flippers?

By Tonia from Hardwick, GA

Answers:

Flipper Teeth Kits

What are flipper teeth? (10/23/2009)

By catastrofy

Flipper Teeth Kits

Tonia, you're going to need to have a dentist make one for you. I don't know how expensive they are these days, but they are definitely a lot less money than a bridge or implant and you only need to make two visits to get one. (First visit for an impression and the second to receive the flipper.) As long as you take care of it, it will last for years if you need it to.

I had fallen face first as a child, which damaged my upper and lower front teeth and eventually had to have a lower front tooth extracted because of it and wore a flipper for a long time until I was able to afford the permanent dental work.

Catastrofy, a flipper is a removable tooth/teeth to fill the space of a missing tooth/teeth and are attached by wires to existing teeth. (10/24/2009)

By Deeli

Flipper Teeth Kits

Unfortunately, a lot of dentists have quit making them; most now prefer to make bridges. Apparently, there have been quite a few cases where people have accidentally swallowed the flipper, and needed major surgery due to problems. (10/24/2009)

By susanmajp

Flipper Teeth Kits

Thank you, Deeli. You guys are so smart! (10/25/2009)

By catastrofy

I need to find where to buy a flipper teeth kit. Can somebody tell me where?

By Dylan from Las Vegas, NV

Answers:

Flipper Teeth Kits

A "flipper" is a dental appliance, worn to replace a missing tooth or teeth. It used to be known as a "partial plate". A full plate is called a "denture".

That said, I would imagine that any denture repair kit would work to repair the tooth of a flipper. Try searching Google, or else call some pharmacies or dentists, to see if they're sold in your area.

Good luck! (03/27/2009)

By WildIrish

Flipper Teeth Kits

Most dentists can have it repaired the same day. You take it in in the early morning, they send it to a local lab, and you pick it up before they close in the evening (make sure it fits before you leave). Not as convenient as doing it yourself, but a viable alternative; you only need 1 day off work and can stay home if you are too self conscious. (03/28/2009)

By susanmajp