Buttermilk Baking Mix

What is buttermilk baking mix?

By Alberta from El Cajon, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

It's Bisquick. Pioneer is another brand.

Just look for buttermilk biscuit mix.

I believe you can add buttermilk to bisquick. Or for more servings, buy powdered buttermilk at most grocers in baking section [near choc chips, coconut, etc], and make your own biscuit mix with a buttermilk recipe. One can would make a years supply or more of recipes for the price of one box of biscuit mix.

Answer

Where can I find buttermilk baking mix? I would like to make the garlic cheese biscuits, but can not find the mix. Please help.

Thanks,
Deb from Largo, FL

Answers:

Buttermilk Baking Mix

Bisquick is probably the most well known brand name of buttermilk baking mix. Jiffy is another. There are also a lot of generic store brands. I just bought Kroger's version. It is sold by the box (sometimes also in small pouches) in the baking aisle with the flour, sugar, muffin mixes etc. in every grocery store I have been in. I have also seen it in Target stores. You should be able to find it anywhere in the USA. If for some reason you can not find it you can make it from scratch:

cooksrecipes.com

cyber-kitchen.com (04/18/2007)

By K

Buttermilk Baking Mix

Here is a recipe for Buttermilk Baking Mix. This is just as good as the store-bought mixes and is cheaper and fresher. I am also sending a recipe for the Cheese-Garlic Biscuits similar to Red-Lobster's.

Buttermilk Baking Mix

• 10-1/2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup baking powder
    <li.1-1/2 Tablespoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 cups shortening
  • 1 cup buttermilk powder
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with an electric mixer until particles are small and uniform in size. Store on a shelf in a tightly-covered container. Makes 13 cups mix. Storage life is approximately 3 months.

Cheese-Garlic Biscuits.

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder

PREPARATION:
In mixing bowl, mix together baking mix, milk and cheese until a soft dough forms, then beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop from spoon onto un-greased baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown, 9 to 10 minutes.

Mix together butter and garlic powder. Brush over hot biscuits and serve hot. Makes 10 - 12.

AtlantaPat (Pat in Atlanta)

(04/21/2007)

By AtlantaPat

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Convenience MixesDecember 6, 2009
Buttermilk in a metal cup.
Homemade Buttermilk Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Substitute for Buttermilk in Recipes
Buttermilk Chicken
Buttermilk Chicken Recipes
buttermilk substitute in a bowl
Buttermilk Cake Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 5:21:51 AM on 10.0.0.224 in 362 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.