Painting Problem

We live in an old house and I've just started painting our side porch. I've scraped and sanded the exterior, then painted with a latex primer. It has been so wet the past 2 weeks I've been unable to put on a finish coat. I now notice black mold showing thru on the bottom end of a vertical board and the primer peels off. What should I do now? This is a very wet corner of the house.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We were told by the paint folks at a large home improvement store that bleach (diluted with little water if desired) is the best way to get rid of mildew on walls prior to painting. We had several opportinities to try this out, and bleach worked great. The mildew did not grow back through the paint.

Dee

Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Paint Roller Putting Teal Paint on Wall
Cleaning Paint Rollers
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:14:48 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.