Cat Pee or Spray on Suede

By mandy puntney 1

My cats got to my suede leather jacket and a pair of my leather boots and one of them "sprayed" on them. Can someone give me a tip on how to clean them?

HB from NY

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

A few things you can try.:

1. White vinegar. But try it on a section of the boot that won't show much to ensure it doesn't damage the suede. White vinegar takes out ALOT of feline urine odor on most anything (carpet, clothing, etc.)

2. There is another product in pet stores that you can get that "eliminates" the enzyme that causes the odor/stain. Check with your local pet store for the name (I can't remember).

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Nature's Miracle is the enzyme stuff, available at PetSmart. Works wonders on carpet/upholstery. Suede may be permanently spotted by liquid already though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 10 2,498 Flag

My cat peed on my new suede boots and I have no idea how to remove the stain/odor. Help!

Mandy Moo

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thank you, I'll try both!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I used to work for a dry cleaning company and the rule of thumb is that you need to dispose of anything that a cat has urinated on. Cat pee is one thing that you will never be able to do away with completely. The smell will always be there, no matter how it is cleaned or how many times you try. The commercial stuff bought from pet stores and such to try to get pet stains and smells out simply do not work on cat urine. I would advise tnat you not waste your money on any of them. Sorry for the bad news!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Carrie 2 351 Flag

Actually, you may also need a suede cleaner. How do you clean those costly boots? With UGG Cleaner& Conditioner.

A couple of ideas from UGG: Moisten entire surface with clean, cold water. Apply dilulted cleaner with a sponge, rubbing gently all over. Don't rub delicate suede harshly.

Rinse with clean, cold water. Stuff gently with paper to hold shape. Dry slowly, not with heat or sunlight.

When dry, brush with a suede brush in only one direction.

Treat with UGG Water & Stain Repellent.

O.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Get the original Nature's Miracle in the red and white bottle. Spray well, then let it dry completely. The smell will not be removed until the item dries.

Repeat until the odor is gone.

Now whether your suede can handle water, that's another issue, but Nature's Miracle really does work when it comes to neutralizing urine odors because it breaks down the bacteria with enzymes.

Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My cat went pee on my new suede couches.. what do I do to the cushion she wet?

I just got her 2 days ago!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

i accidentally let my air jordan xiv get wet (it was suede ) and niw it looks like leather and i want to return it to its natural beauty but i think i can only

do that by putting actual suede back on it does any 1 know where i can find a can or something thanks

Editor's note: Probably the nap on the suede is pushed down. Get a suede brush. They are little brushes with metal bristles and brush it with that. If you just got it wet, this should bring the nap back up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

My cat has peed in the corner of the seat of my suede chair, it is a very expensive piece of furniture and I don't want to throw it away. Can anyone help?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

So we used this stuff called Natures Miracle Stain and Odor Remover to get the pee stain out of the suede couch. It worked great and there is no smell or stain. We sprayed it, let it sit for 5 minutes, took a kitchen sponge and rubbed and blotted it, then took paper towels and soaked it up the best we could, then took a hair dryer to it and it was a good as new. You may want to repeat this process to ensure success.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

So I have a pair of black leather boots, my favourite, and my cat peed on them. I washed them with a leather soap, smell stayed. I completely saturated them with Nature's Miracle, allowed to dry, smell stayed. So I figured given that they were obviously going to be a lost cause anyways, I threw them in my front loading washing machine, warm water wash, with laundry detergent, even threw in some towels with it. Voila the smell was gone. My boots had shrunk but after wearing them a couple of times now they have stretched out to the point the no longer cut off circulation to my feet. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Previous
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricJanuary 10, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
cat on carpet
Removing Cat Pee and Odor from Carpet
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 7:47:18 AM on 10.0.2.64 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings