Sterilize the Barbecue Grill

This is a grilling tip. I've heard that people will grill in the spring, and everyone gets ill. This tip should stop that.

Every time my husband starts up the grill, he puts it through what he calls a "sterilization process." We have never become ill. After your coals are heated up, and you spread them out, close the grill cover about ten minutes or so, it allows the grill to become hot. Keep the vent open during this time, so the charcoal gets oxygen, and can stay hot. Then, take a scrubber brush, and scrub the grill grates clean. Leave this to heat a few minutes before putting any meat on the grill.

We have never become ill from grilled meat this way, and we do this every time we grill.

Source: The source is ours. My husband learned it from his daddy.

By Carol L. from SouthBend, IN

I also do this everytime I cook and never had any illnesses. We have always called it seasoning the grill

I have never heard of anyone getting sick from grilling. I always take my rack and wash it in warm sudsy water before we grill and after we grill.

Use Pie Tins For Grilling
Barbecue and Grilling Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillJune 10, 2009
Barbecue Beef
Barbecue Beef Recipes
Cleaning Stainless Grill
Cleaning a Stainless Grill Grate
Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Making a Cover for an Outdoor Grill
Oven Barbecue Pork Chop
Oven Barbecue Recipes
🎉
🎄