Pheobe (Sugar Glider)

We're not sure how old Pheobe is, but we think she's about 3 years old. She's a Sugar Glider. We bought Pheobe and her sister Ursula from a friend of mine who just didn't have the time to care for them properly.

She likes to make as much noise as she can while we're trying to sleep as Sugar Gliders are nocturnal marsupials. Pheobe and Ursula were never really handled so it's taking us a little while to earn their trust. Pheobe is coming around pretty good, but Ursula is taking a little more effort. They'll get there.

By Geri from St. Augustine, FL

That sounds like my little darling parakeet. It is a hands off type of personality, can't really gain its trust enough to have it comfortable with me so I let it make the first is friends with the rabbit who is often out playing by the cage, and love it. So who knows, I have never had a sugar glider before, I have heard they are really fun to watch and to have. Thanks for the lovely picture you shared of your little one!

Very beautiful! psst- is it spelled Phoebe? that's what I see more of...creativity's cool tho-

Hello, Your baby is adorable. I have a question? Doesn't it hurt their feet to be standing on that wire all the time? I would put a product called "Care Fresh" in the cage and enough to cover the grate so their feet don't hurt. I have worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years and this is what the Doctor's have suggested. good luck with them they are so cute!

I have sugar gliders also. No it doesn't hurt their feet. Gliders feet - all four - are like hands. They fly around the cage grabbing the bars like tiny monkeys. If they couldn't grip the bars, they would find it awkward. Whenever I place them on a smooth surface their feet splay out because they can't get a grip!

Photos Pets OtherApril 5, 2009
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
Repairing a Glider Chair
Repairing a Glider Chair
Glider Chair
Finding Glider Chair Replacement Cushions