This is a fun craft that kids can do in minutes. These bookmarks make great gifts.
About 5 - 10 minutes each
What You Need:
- collection of old greeting cards, all occasions will work
- paper punch
- colorful plastic beads
- blunt tapestry needle (optional)
- Choose a card design you like. Cut a strip from the front of the card and then punch a hole in one end of the strip.
- Cut 2, 10 inch lengths of ribbon for each bookmark. Thread both pieces of ribbon through the hole and knot the ribbon onto the end of the bookmark. This will give you four lengths of ribbon hanging from the card strip (bookmark).
- Thread the beads onto the ribbon. This may be done with or without the assistance of a tapestry needle. Leave room at the end of each ribbon length to tie a knot, which will hold the beads in place. Continue in the same manner to add beads to all ribbon lengths.
- These bookmarks make great, inexpensive gifts for friends and family members. If you have a special event, such as a spring birthday, or holiday in mind for the giving, choose a card front that will match that event or season.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
January 12, 20070 found this helpful
Very cool!!! Would be great gifts from a child!!
January 14, 20070 found this helpful
Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 6:35:31 PM on 10.0.2.88 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us