Removing Rotten Fruit Odor from Wooden Bowl

I noticed an orange rotting in my wooden fruit bowl and can't seem to get the rotten smell out of the wood. It's finished wood with an engraving in it so I don't want to ruin the bowl with products. Any suggestions?

By Lindsey C from Holland, MI

Have you tried letting something like baking soda sit in it for a few days, and see if that neutralizes the smell? Vinegar is supposed to help with odors, but I don't know how long you want to keep your wooden bowl wet, esp. with vinegar.

Best of luck with your bowl. I hope someone comes up with an effective suggestion for you!

I would try baking soda or the powders that are made to sprinkle on carpets.

You are going to need to bleach it; not only for the smell, but for health reasons. Wood is porous, and the reason the smell is still there is because the bacteria causing the smell are in there.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 7, 2010
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Storing Oranges, Canning Oranges, A bunch of bright round oranges.
Storing Oranges
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Cleaning a white toilet.
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 12:31:09 PM on 10.0.1.246 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.