Cat Urine Odor on Wood Cabinets

Category Odors
Removing the odor of cat urine from you wooden cabinets can be done with both home remedies, such as baking soda or vinegar, and a number of commercial products made for this purpose. This is a guide about cat urine odor on wood cabinets.

My cat piddled in my kitchen cabinets. They are wood and I would like to have suggestions on how to get the smell out. Thanks.

By Connie P. from Dayton, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Dousing it with white vinegar helps, the vinegar smells for awhile, but it should fade over time and may make the cabinet unappealing to the cat. Some people say Pine Sol works, I guess you would douse it real good too.

Best Answer

Try Odoban. I've gotten rid of some nasty cat odors in the past by using it.

Best Answer

KidsNPets works. I have only found it at Walmart in the laundry soap dish soap aisle. It will remove the smell completely. I cannot live without it. I have 2 elderly cats and they have mistakes. It is also endorsed by Animal Planet. Try it you will love it.

I don't know about wood. Depends on how absorbent the wood it. I once had a male cat spray all over my front porch & metal security door. I mixed up a spray bottle of white vinegar & about 1tsp or less, for a quart, mix well, & spray the surface well & wipe down with wet cloth or towel.

Then I sprayed till dripping the whole surface & let dry. Not only did it deodorize it, the cats don't like the scent & stay away from then on. I read about the vinegar for this problem in a helpful hints book. Vinegar is a great deodorizer. Put it into a open bowl & let sit in a room. It will remove many odors.