Gracie (Hound/Beagle/Golden Mix?)

Gracie or Grace is about two years old! She is a Hound/Beagle Mix, maybe even Golden mix! She was dropped off one evening from a woman who cared enough to scoop this dog off the highway, while it was limping along from starvation. She remembered that I had placed another dog for her that was deaf and blind. Thank goodness she cared, the vet said the dog didn't even have a couple of days left in it's condition.

She loves to play with the shepherds, leap in the air for joy, push her nose into your hand for a pat, watch the ferret and the cat, look sweet and fall asleep in your lap, at least part of her in your lap! She also loves to lay on the astroturf in the sunny yard during the summer months and watch people go by the fence and bark and bark and bark until I tell her to come in and go to bed. She likes the frozen meals I make to supplement the dog's kibble, and she waits for them patiently.

I want to thank everyone from Thriftyfun.com who sent good wishes and left tips here on this site on how to put weight on a dog that was close to death. This little one, was barely able to stand and after the vets job was done and I began to research right here on this site, what to do. I was also given the look at the ingredients of most dog food, which is why I now supplement the meat that I do with the frozen dinners.

I made the dog cookies described on several sites, froze them and popped them out several times a day. I also added more fattening but good treats to her diet, such as macaroni and mashed potatoes, etc. She is a very healthy, calm and relaxed dog today. It has been a while since that day when she was dropped off and we pulled her little limp frail body from the back of that caring lady's SUV. Later we discovered she had a stick hung in the roof of her mouth and she couldn't eat. Of course all that is water under the bridge now.

She is so happy, and of course she is one of my fur babies, I could never place her with someone else. She definitely has filled our lives with love and along with the others here, two shepherds, two chihuahuas, a ferret, a rabbit, a bird and two crabs. They all have days that make great memories for us all, filled with their great and undeniably sweet love! Thank you again.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

I am so happy for you and especailly for Grace! What a beautiful dog she has become with your loving care. God bless you and your friend who rescued her. May your mansions be great in heaven!

He is very cute and beautiful eyes!

Beagle Mix
Beagle Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesJanuary 31, 2010
Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Red Bone Coon Hound
Red Bone Coon Hound Breed Information and Photos
Basset Hound
Basset Hound Breed Information and Photos
🎉
🎄