Freezing Bananas

Can I freeze mashed, ripe bananas for future use?

By Sandy from Memphis, TN

I don't even bother to mash them. I just peel them, put them in a ziploc bag, squeeze any air out and freeze!

I put the entire unpeeled banana into the freezer. When I am ready to use it, I let it thaw and then I snip the end off and squeeze.

You can freeze them without peeling them if you want but I like to peel them then slice them thinly. They make a wonderful frozen snack and the kids love them that way. I slice them and lay the slices on an acrilic cutting board. A small one. I freeze the slices on the board then put them in plastic bags. This keeps them from sticking together before they freeze.

A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesApril 10, 2010
A bunch of bananas.
Storing Bananas
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
mashed bananas in baggie
Freezing Overripe Bananas
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants