Flies in the Garage

Is there any way to get rid of flies in a garage? There is nothing there to attract them. They just seem to fly in. I have tried fly paper and spray. This has just started.

By Mary C. from Newark, CA

Take a 2 litre bottle, take the cap off and draw a line about 2-3 inches down from the top and then cut that part off and then point the spout down into the bottle and glue that in position. Pour about 1/2 cup of non diet soda in the bottle and set it where you don't want flies and bees to bother you. Last summer we did this and set it out on our deck and by the end of summer the bottle was FULL of the pests. It was UNREAL. Once they go inside the bottle, they don't know they can't get out. But they smell sugar. We had flies and horse flies and wasps galore in that bottle.

Give it a try. And NO poisonous fumes from store bought fly killers. :-)

Flies do not like moving air; if you have a couple of old oscillating fans sent them up in the garage and leave the door open so the flies can go out.

I heard if you set around jars with aluminum foil and water in them it will drive them away for some reason, but it has to be in the sun, my garage has no windows no sun.

I use a window insect trap; place the trap on a windowsill. Flies and other insects fly to the light of the window settle on the glass and buzz down into the trap. The trap has a small amount of pepper dust placed within, the effect of the pepper dust on the insects they lose the use of being able to cling with their legs so they are then disabled. They soon die of dehydration. You have no toxic chemicals or smells and are safe to use with pets and children.

The traps can be all so be used in the home as they are not obtrusive to look at. I obtained the trap from http://www.stirtsystems.com. It needs no maintenance and will last a season and more. Good luck and I hope this solves your problem

Home and Garden Pest Control FliesMay 18, 2009
House fly on a white surface.
Getting Rid of Flies at a Restaurant
Metal sink drain.
Getting Rid of Drain Flies
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Keeping Flies Off Goats
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
🎄