Use Magazine Rack to Store Cardboard

During this long, never-ending winter, we have had a lot of fires in our wood stove. We always save our cardboard packages to use as kindling, and it use to mound up in a pile next to our wood stove. It was unsightly, and I just couldn't stand it any more! I had to find a way to control it.

One day, when I was moving our furniture around to vacuum, I picked up the "very dusty" bamboo magazine rack from behind our sofa. It never got used much, and I was so tired of looking at it, so I decided to move the two atlases we had to a new home, and started sorting out all the cardboard. Flattening them was already done, so I just stood each on end in the magazine rack like a magazine. I was amazed at how many boxes fit into that rack! The hearth finally looked decent again. Now, it sits next to the wood stove and keeps our cardboard kindling handy and organized.

By suengenenc from Clyde, NC

Excellent repurposing - as long as you remember bamboo burns, too!

Great job, suengenenc! I love how you were thinking outside the box.

Good idea. I use a magazine rack to put my old LP records next to my turn table.

Uses for a Magazine Rack
Uses for a Magazine Rack
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingMarch 12, 2010
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions
🎉
🎄