Uses for a Magazine Rack

During this long, never-ending winter, we have had a lot of fires in our wood stove. We always save our cardboard packages to use as kindling, and it use to mound up in a pile next to our wood stove. It was unsightly, and I just couldn't stand it any more! I had to find a way to control it.

One day, when I was moving our furniture around to vacuum, I picked up the "very dusty" bamboo magazine rack from behind our sofa. It never got used much, and I was so tired of looking at it, so I decided to move the two atlases we had to a new home, and started sorting out all the cardboard. Flattening them was already done, so I just stood each on end in the magazine rack like a magazine. I was amazed at how many boxes fit into that rack! The hearth finally looked decent again. Now, it sits next to the wood stove and keeps our cardboard kindling handy and organized.

By Sue from Clyde, NC

3 More Solutions

I have seen people who use small magazine racks for storing cookie sheet pans and cookbooks. Recently I got two and they have very different things in them. One is for yarn. Because the holes were so big in that one I cut some denim and tied it around it to keep them in.

A magazine rack with greeting cards stored inside.

I use two magazine racks. One is for baking sheets of various sizes. The other is for cooling racks and cutting sheets and boards. They take up very little space, while keeping all pans organized by size. It also frees up the space under the sink which is where I had them before.

Magazine Racks For Storage

I recently got a magazine rack for a song. The purchase was for craft patterns, paper, calendar masters, and more.

A magazine rack storing many items.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 14, 2013
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-a-Magazine-Rack.html