Uses for a Magazine Rack

Category Reusing
That magazine rack that is no longer used, or even one from the thriftstore can be put to new uses. This is a page about uses for a magazine rack.

During this long, never-ending winter, we have had a lot of fires in our wood stove. We always save our cardboard packages to use as kindling, and it use to mound up in a pile next to our wood stove. It was unsightly, and I just couldn't stand it any more! I had to find a way to control it.

One day, when I was moving our furniture around to vacuum, I picked up the "very dusty" bamboo magazine rack from behind our sofa. It never got used much, and I was so tired of looking at it, so I decided to move the two atlases we had to a new home, and started sorting out all the cardboard. Flattening them was already done, so I just stood each on end in the magazine rack like a magazine. I was amazed at how many boxes fit into that rack! The hearth finally looked decent again. Now, it sits next to the wood stove and keeps our cardboard kindling handy and organized.

By Sue from Clyde, NC

I have seen people who use small magazine racks for storing cookie sheet pans and cookbooks. Recently I got two and they have very different things in them. One is for yarn. Because the holes were so big in that one I cut some denim and tied it around it to keep them in.

The other one I just got. You can keep scrap booking paper, gift bags, out of season placemats, and other things that are flat. Or you can keep it by your bed, like I do now, for lap desk, tablet or kindle, notebooks, your favorite book, and more.

N-JOY!

I use two magazine racks. One is for baking sheets of various sizes. The other is for cooling racks and cutting sheets and boards. They take up very little space, while keeping all pans organized by size. It also frees up the space under the sink which is where I had them before.

Magazine Racks For Storage

I recently got a magazine rack for a song. The purchase was for craft patterns, paper, calendar masters, and more.

A magazine rack storing many items.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 14, 2013
😷
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
Generated 2020-07-20 08:42:38 in 993 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-a-Magazine-Rack.html