Many Uses For Dollar Store Shower Curtains

I do many painting and craft projects, both inside and outside. Each spring, I pick up 5 or 6 plastic shower curtains from the dollar store. You wouldn't believe how many uses I've found for them. They even come in clear, to cover drafty windows in the winter!

I lined my propagation boxes with pieces of them then poked holes for the drainage. I also use the colorful ones for table cloths in my craft/sewing room! They work great when painting cupboards or other painting projects, because they are much stronger than "regular" plastic sheeting. I bought an olive green one to cover my lawn mower with. They're small, but make great make-shift tarps too.

Keep one in your car for a sturdy emergency "poncho": simply cut a hole for your head in the center! They can be cut smaller for easy-clean curtains: hang them with the holes already punched or punch your own with a paper punch from the Dollar Store. When painting lattice last summer, I put one of these under my work. Use them and string to cover lawn furniture. And when camping, these plastic shower curtains are great to put under your sleeping bags and tents to keep the dew and bugs away. Don't throw them away after use. Just fold them up and keep them in a plastic bag, because you can use them over and over, or cut smaller pieces for other uses.

These ARE plastic... so keep them away from young children!

By Cyinda from near Seattle

put one under your blanket when you go to an outdoor concert to prevent moisture transfer.

I use them to cover my plant stand full of cactus during the winter. I usually use a clear one to let the sun through, but right now there is white (anything is better than them soaking!).

Great ideas. I never thought about carrying one in the car, very ingenious. I am going to do that poncho thing for myself. Thanks for sending your tips to every one.

Wow! Thanx for all the ideas never thought of them for anything else except shower curtains.

Hey, Thank You for a great idea! I have so much painting to do I swear it will take me a year. And the covers you buy for painting are really expensive so I am going to try this for sure! I used to use the liners for underneath my babies high chairs.Boy was that ever nice you could just wipe or shake it off it was great! Thanks again!

Dar

Cyinda, wonderful ideas. Can't wait to buy some of these and put them to good use. Never thought of using them in such creative ways.

In my original post, I forgot to mention, If you keep one in your car, you'll always have something clean to lay on if your car breaks down needs work done underneath. You could also use a shower curtain to protect your car's paint job when working under the hood. Or to protect your driveway when changing your oil.

---> A mechanics friend, the dollar shower curtain!... Who knew!?

I keep one in the car to line the trunk or put on the seat if I am hauling something that might be messy/dirty, such as plants from the greenhouse. But in a pinch, I will now use it for a poncho. Thanks

This was one of my favorites! Thanks!

GREAT IDEAS!! Thanks, I never thought of those things! Now you have me thinking that there MUST be more. LOL!

When my children required carseats, I used either plastic shower curtains or flannel-backed tablecloths underneath the seats to protect from the children's spills. It made cleanup easy and they could be reused.

Crafts AdviceJanuary 22, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Repairing a Leaky Shower Valve
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Uses for Shower Curtains
Uses for Shower Curtains
🎉
🎄