99 Cent Shower Curtains

How good do things have to be? I bought a 99 cent shower curtain, mostly because the pattern/color was so right - and 10 months later it's still going and we are thinking of packing up. So a word to students and other transients - maybe the cheap colorful version will do you just fine for as long as you need it.

By Pam from L.A., CA

Plastic shower curtain liners are at the Dollar Store. Why pay more when you don't have to?
They last a long time and when dirty, you can toss in the trash.

And to moms with bed wetters: These and the dollar store flannel-backed table cloths really save the mattress center. Pull the covers back, let the linens dry and use two nights before laundering. Also, don't get too angry about bed-wetting. I did this until I was 14 yrs. only for my mom to take me to the doctor and learned I had a tumor in my Ureter. By the grace of God is was not malignant and was removed. I never wet the bed again and my mother

was ashamed for all of the spankings she gave me out of her frustration, fatigue and ignorance. I forgave her and still pass the word to others.

I was the plastic liners in the machine with reg. load
of towels and hang in shower to dry they last longer
and always clean..

I learned this trick a few years ago from a neighbor. When your shower curtain liner has soap scum build-up, don't throw it away, even if it is is a cheapie. Toss it in the washer, using the cold water, gentle cycle setting. Do not use detergent, only approximately 3/4 cup of bleach. Let the water fill first,add the bleach, then the shower curtain. When it's finished, hang it back on the hooks and let it air dry. As it dries, the wrinkles come out. It comes out good as new! When transferring from the washer to the bathroom it's best to use a bucket or something similar because there will be quite a bit of water in the wrinkles.

I save my old plastic shower curtains for drop cloths.