Home RemediesHealth & Beauty

Treating Minor Ailments Yourself

In filling out a survey on health care, I realized that my first line of defense health-wise - besides maintaining good health overall - has been self-care. So many minor ailments respond very well to home treatment, which I always try first. It there is not a positive response, then I go to the MD. But more often than not, knowing first aid has saved me a trip to the Md's office - which even with my insurance costs $20! (Of course, you have to educate yourself on ailments and research home treatments)

I see the difference in my husband who won't always take my advice - He went in for a rash I told him was allergic, which it was and could have been treated at home with cortisone cream! I used to have books on hand for research, but now there are even websites on the net that tally symptoms to try to help you pinpoint your ailments! (And you can compare several sites to get a better overview...)

By pamphyila from Los Angeles. CA

hiya. my name is cettina, from malta,europe. if u know of any good, informative sites relating to healthcare i wud greatly appreciate it if u cud let me know. tks

Search for the above"treating minor ailments yourself"lot of info there,good luck.