Bosch Washing Machine Smell

I am getting smelly washing from a Bosch washing machine. Any advice?

Glyn from Birmingham, UK

I have the same problem with this smell with my Bosch. But I am very sorry to say, I wipe the rubber part of my machine dry after every wash and I leave the door open after every wash, in just thinking (have never heard of this problem before) to keep the rubber part dry, just in case it might cause mold some day. And still my machine has developed this odor. I purchased the Affresh tonight at Sears and im hoping this works. If not, I do plan on checking for water storage (if I can find the drain plug & ect and possibly using the baking soda and vinegar. Thanks so much for everyones help.

There is an access door front bottom right corner face of the washer. After completing "all" your weeks wash with machine turned off openthe door inside is a black hose with plug. Get a catch pan , put it under the hose and pop out the plug ... smelly water will come out. Replace the plug empty the catch pan and then put it under the twist ring by the little hose. Turn the cap till it opens .... more smelly water .... if you do this exercise at the end of each week the waher is used and dry the rubber seal ring inside the load door you will be smell free. do not use bleach, vinager or chemicals cause they will corrode the piece parts ....

Smelly Washing Machine
Cleaning a Smelly Washing Machine
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesMarch 10, 2007
A load of red dyed clothing in a front loader washing machine.
Dyeing Clothing in the Washing Machine
Man Repairing a Washing Machine
Repairing a Washing Machine
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine
Washing Machine
Extending the Life of Your Washing Machine