Treating a Dogwood Tree for Heat Stress

I have a customer that asked me to trim her dogwood tree/tall shrub. I took some substantial height and width out of it and the weather was fine. Then, 90-100 heat comes and parches the poor shrub. She had a fit and for good reason I guess. She said "You killed my tree!", and it sure looks like it right now. But it is acting hardy and wanting to rejoin the living.

My question is, is there a food, or home concoction I can make or buy to accelerate it's return to normal and bloom sooner? It has brown burn spots on it now, but has lots of new growth since being cut. The zones are 8-9. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post some interesting things soon. Thanks and have an awesome day.

Hank

By HandyHank from Manchester, WA

Answers

It should be o k with new growth coming out,I never trim/prune anything very much till the fall of the year,good luck.

Leaves Turning Brown On Dogwood Tree
Home and Garden Gardening Trees Tree HealthSeptember 5, 2009
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Growing a Red Osier Dogwood
Growing a Red Osier Dogwood
🎄