Soap In a Dog's Eyes - Categories:

DogsPets

Soap In a Dog's Eyes

I got soap in my dogs eyes, what should I do?

Tammy from Shelby, MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

you can use either a drop of mineral oil in each eye prior to bathing or your local pet supermarket probably carries a safe oil to use. This doesn't harm the dog's eyes in any way and most dogs really hate it when water gets in their eyes. This is probably one of the reasons dogs hate to be bathed!

Some dogs generally just hate water and some dogs think they are about to be drowned.

I also use LARGE cotton balls to put in their ears to keep the water out. Otherwise it's impossible. I use Natural Animal shampoo so it's more dog friendly. You shouldn't be using a non-dog shampoo because they are to harsh for a dog's skin, & eyes. Not that you should get any shampoo in their eyes.

We also have 1 person holding the dog's chin up while the other washes the head. And cup your hand so you can continuously wipe the top of the head while you're washing/rinsing.

Since most soaps are strong Alkaline, I'd use a little vinegar (a VERY mild Acid) and water on a cotton ball and wipe dry to try to "neutralize" the stinging effect. The dog may not like it, but it should get well regardless.

I'd use the suggested Animal shampoo or baby shampoo next time. Also, a natural sudsy shampoo that might work is Yucca root, peeled and beaten with a small hammer or morter/pestal, then run over a small bowl of warm water until sudsy, IF you have Yucca. Good luck and God bless you. : )

Pets DogsDecember 8, 2006
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 19, 2016 at 3:30:48 AM on 10.0.1.224 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.