Puffy Eggs Prepared in a Double Boiler

Good Day. As a young girl, my mother use to make a puffy type of egg dish in the double boiler. I know it contained egg, milk or cream, but that's all I remember. The eggs were light as feathers and such a treat. Would love to find a recipe. Thank you.

By mijud from Nashua, NH

When I make an omelette with or without veggies I beat eggs, milk or cream & add a tablesspoon of baking powder & whisk it all together then cook in pan. It just like air it's so fluffy. Hope this helps. Jo

Dear Jo, Thank You for the in put. I shall try that next time I make omelettes. Judy

mijud, I grew up on a similar concoction that we called Steamed Eggs. I used to fix them for my own kids too. We used a large electric frying pan, 4 forks, and a glass dish that would sit on top of the crossed forks in the bottom of the frying pan with enough water to come to just under the bottom of the glass dish. The egg mixture (made up like scrambled eggs with egg & milk) would go in the glass dish. We would then cover the frying pan (had to have a domed lid) tightly and turn it on to 300° for 20 minutes with absolutely no peeking or they would fall.

This sounds similar to what you were describing and I don't see why mine wouldn't work in a double boiler. Going to have to try that way sometime!

Food and Recipes Recipes EggsJune 4, 2009
Homemade Jelly (Puffy Paint) Accessories
Seafoam Icing
Seafoam Icing Recipes
Girl with puffy hair.
Styling Puffy Hair
Brown Bread
Slow Cooker Boston Brown Bread Recipes