DIY Apothecary Jars

Super cheap to make, so stylish when completed.

You will need a jar with a lid (I found mine at Goodwill for $1.99 each), a glass/crystal candlestick holder (you can either buy it at the dollar store or again, search Goodwill, you can find them at either for .49 cents to $1) and, finally, you need a little Gorilla glue.

Follow the instructions on the Gorilla glue to secure the top of the candle stick to the bottom center of the jar with the glue. Gorilla glue does expand so try and use only a little glue around the top of the candle stick. Make sure you apply the glue around the middle, not near any of the edges. This will keep the jar looking as clean and authentic as possible. Wait until it dries, then just decide what you want to put in them to decorate with!

All, in my case and hopefully yours, for $3 for each jar I made!

By mom2gracie from Wheaton

Love it, love it, love it!

This is a great tip! I've been making cake plates from candle sticks and plates using the same technique. But instead of Gorilla glue, I use a glue called E-600 which is an industrial strength adhesive. This stuff is amazing! You can get it at any craft store.

Homemade Apothecary Jars
Homemade Apothecary Jars
Crafts Home DecorNovember 10, 2010
Uses for Baby Food Jars, Three Jars Full of Baby Food
Uses for Baby Food Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Apothecary Jars
Crafts Using Apothecary Jars
🎉
🎄