Fourth Of July Apple Pie

On the 4th, a friend brought over this Apple Pie, hot from the oven. How special for us. We had no plans for the 4th holiday as everyone was here for Memorial Day.

Now I confess I am not a pie baker. But before she came with her wonderful creation, I had used a single frozen pie crust to attempt to make a cherry half pie. Like a turnover, I thought. LOL Well, here is the results and I join you in laughing at the sight. As it cooked, it slid away from the center. It almost looks like it is smiling.

Chris saved the day for us with a beautiful "American" apple pie. DH was sweet about it and said , I'll have a piece of each. And told me mine was very good too. I am blessed with family and great friends. Hope everyone had a fun, restful, enjoyable July 4th.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

adding red jello layer
4th of July Dessert Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Fourth of JulyJuly 8, 2011
Ready to eat.
4th of July Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cake with slice removed.
Red, White, and Blue Bundt Cake Recipe
Patriotic garden ball
Fourth Of July Crafts
Fourth of July Doughnuts
Fourth of July Recipes
🎉
🎄