Fourth of July Recipes

The 4th of July means picnics and backyard barbecues each with its own variety of traditional and new recipes to make the day special. This page contains fourth of July recipes.

It's easy to make a flag pattern with stars and stripes of dough when making a berry pie. This cute design makes it perfect for Independence Day. This is a guide about making a Fourth of July berry pie.

Fourth of July Pie

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about 4th of July party food ideas. The 4th is a great holiday to make some fun and colorful food items in addition to the typical summer fare.

4th of July Party Food Ideas

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Fourth of July coffee cake. This delicious cinnamon, pecan, and coconut laden coffee cake is perfect for breakfast or anytime.

Layered bundt pan shaped coffee cake

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains 4th of July recipes. Colorful, festive desserts can be created for this summer holiday.

4th of July Recipes

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

My almost six year old niece is coming to visit for the Fourth of July, and she is deathly allergic to eggs. Do any of you have any great recipes that are egg-free that I could make for her? I would love to make a potato salad of sorts, but my recipe is full of hard-boiled eggs. Also, any dessert recipes would be wonderful (she loves sweets!). Thanks.

By Millie

Answers

Ask your niece's mom what she likes to eat.Have a cookout. Kids like burgers & hot dogs. Maybe she doesn't even like potato salad, or you can omit the eggs. Most kids like popscicles or ice cream in the summertime, or a piece of watermelon. Keep it simple.

Make her her own side dish of pot salad w/o the eggs. Since there is eggs in mayo sub that with half-n-half or plain yougurt.

Go to allrecipes.com
They have a microwave chocolate cake that is egg free. I make it all the time. It's absolutely delicious and quick. They also have a strawberry frozen yogurt which has condensed milk in it, tastes like ice cream and its also egg free. I use this recipe to keep the fat content down, plus I don't like eggs myself.

http://www.reci  -chocolate-cake/ No eggs.

Here is my recipe: Ranch Red Skin Potato Salad (or loaded potato salad :~) - it doesn't have any eggs in it! I'm pretty sure the ranch I suggest using doesn't either but if it does you can always look for a different ranch to use instead. http://www.food  tato-salad-92642

Here is a dessert idea that takes no eggs
1 quart Strawberries (or any berry)
1/2 cup Honey
3 cups plain Greek Yogurt

Put berries and honey in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. In a bowl add the strawberry mixture and fold in the yogurt. Pour mixture into a shallow pan and put in the freezer. Stir every hour for 2 hours. To make it sweeter drizzle with caramel, honey or chocolate. :~)

For baking there is a product called Egg Replacer which contain no egg. It is not as effective as eggs, but my husband cannot tolerate egg either. There is a web site for eggless cooking; just do a search on eggless cooking. There is an eggless mayo that even I prefer. Cornstarch and water works in meat loaf. I have so many substitutions I can't even remember them. Better Homes and Gardens had a drop muffin recipe that doesn't call for eggs. There can be life without eggs.

Soy powder can replace eggs in cakes, etc. Potato salad will be fine without eggs!

What are your favorite Fourth of July recipes? Post your ideas.

Answers

Red, White and Blue Cupcakes

- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Boiling water

***BUTTERCREAM FROSTING***
- 5 tablespoons Butter or margarine softened
- 4 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract

***GARNISH***
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries

Heat oven to 350 F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.

Prepare BUTTERCREAM FROSTING; frost cupcakes. Garnish with blueberries and strawberries.
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING: In medium bowl, beat softened butter or margarine until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract, beating until of spreading consistency.