Egg-free 4th of July Recipes?

My almost six year old niece is coming to visit for the Fourth of July, and she is deathly allergic to eggs. Do any of you have any great recipes that are egg-free that I could make for her? I would love to make a potato salad of sorts, but my recipe is full of hard-boiled eggs. Also, any dessert recipes would be wonderful (she loves sweets!). Thanks.

By Millie

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 138 Feedbacks

Ask your niece's mom what she likes to eat.Have a cookout. Kids like burgers & hot dogs. Maybe she doesn't even like potato salad, or you can omit the eggs. Most kids like popscicles or ice cream in the summertime, or a piece of watermelon. Keep it simple.

Make her her own side dish of pot salad w/o the eggs. Since there is eggs in mayo sub that with half-n-half or plain yougurt.

Bronze Request Medal for All Time! 64 Requests

Go to allrecipes.com
They have a microwave chocolate cake that is egg free. I make it all the time. It's absolutely delicious and quick. They also have a strawberry frozen yogurt which has condensed milk in it, tastes like ice cream and its also egg free.

I use this recipe to keep the fat content down, plus I don't like eggs myself.

www.recipe.com/.../ No eggs.

Here is my recipe: Ranch Red Skin Potato Salad (or loaded potato salad :~) - it doesn't have any eggs in it! I'm pretty sure the ranch I suggest using doesn't either but if it does you can always look for a different ranch to use instead.

www.food.com/.../ranch-red-skin-potato-salad-92642

Here is a dessert idea that takes no eggs
1 quart Strawberries (or any berry)
1/2 cup Honey
3 cups plain Greek Yogurt

Put berries and honey in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. In a bowl add the strawberry mixture and fold in the yogurt. Pour mixture into a shallow pan and put in the freezer. Stir every hour for 2 hours. To make it sweeter drizzle with caramel, honey or chocolate. :~)

For baking there is a product called Egg Replacer which contain no egg. It is not as effective as eggs, but my husband cannot tolerate egg either. There is a web site for eggless cooking; just do a search on eggless cooking. There is an eggless mayo that even I prefer.

Cornstarch and water works in meat loaf. I have so many substitutions I can't even remember them. Better Homes and Gardens had a drop muffin recipe that doesn't call for eggs. There can be life without eggs.

Soy powder can replace eggs in cakes, etc. Potato salad will be fine without eggs!

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting AdviceJune 24, 2011
👒
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf16359485.tip.html