Dyeing Suede Shoes

I have a pair of Ugg boots that are light brown, and I want to dye them charcoal gray. Is that possible? How would I be able to do it at home?

Erin

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

This is my advise....Ugg's are expensive, keep them the color they are. Light brown is a neutral color and I'm sure you'll have use for them in the future. You can get Ugg look a likes for a fraction of the price. If you do deside to color them please remember that in winter ground is wet with snow and salt (sometimes a chemical is put in the road to melt ice). Keep in mind as nice as they may turn out, getting any of these things on them might change the color in spots. Also, if you do dye them each boot might be a little off, two different shades. Hope this can help, good luck with whatever you do!

I have light brown suede boots. Can I put shoe polish on them to make them black?

Answer

My navy blue suede boots are losing their color. Can they be dyed?

By RH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes, they can be dyed, but often when people try to dye suede shoes themselves, the results are not so good. I would advise having them dyed professionally.

Does anyone know how to dye suede shoes? I have a pair of bright blue suede loafers that somehow look like bedroom slippers. I would like to change them to brown or even red. Please help.

PatsAZ from Arizona, in the Desert

Dying Suede Shoes Cream

If you use bleach to remove the present color, the suede will probably turn yellow brownish. Perhaps if you use a product that the silk painter uses to remove color it might do a better job. Try contacting Rainbow Silks in England. They carry all the products needed for fabric painting and dying. Tell them your problem, perhaps they can help. A friend of mine used fabric paint on her shoes and had set it with a hair dryer. (04/04/2005)

By Janette Budnark

Dying Suede Shoes

I checked in with our local leather and saddle shop a while back with the same question. I was told there is no way to do it and have it come out looking good. They checked and could find no solution.

Good luck, and by all means let us know if you find a way. (01/14/2007)

By patsAZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
blue suede shoes
Dyeing Suede Shoes
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceDecember 1, 2009
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 5:27:51 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 868 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.