Removing Color From Fabric

How do I take out just some color from valances. They are too bright of a yellow to match my duvet. I tried putting them in the washer with regular chlorine bleach but no color came out. I just want to take some of the brightness out not all the color. What is Nappy San? Will that work and where do I buy it?

Mikki from Sarasota, FL

Sometimes, adding color is the key.

To calm down yellow, try light grey dye. You have to experiment a little, so get the largest scraps you can from the valances and try it out. If not grey, try a cream color.

Another thing you can do is soak the fabric in diluted coffee or tea. The brown water will tone down the yellow and make them look antique. Rinse once and let dry before hanging. (Vinegar in the rinse water will usually set the 'dye')

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceOctober 8, 2006
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Blue-Green Carpet
Paint Color to Coordinate With Blue-Green Carpet
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 10:33:26 PM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.