DonnaLou Shepherd's Pie

A little twist on this long time dish.

• 2 lbs. cooked ground beef
  • 1 onion diced
  • 1 can chicken or beef broth (the chicken tastes awesome with this)
  • Ad
  • 1 box Idahoan mashed potatoes (I find it browns nicer and has a nice texture in this)
  • 1/2 bag cooked frozen corn
  • butter or margarine

Mix onion and ground beef together and place in a roasting pan. Sprinkle corn over top evenly. Pour the broth over top. Cook mashed potatoes according to box directions, then evenly cover your corn.

Cover and bake in 300 degree F oven for 1 hour, then uncover and put some butter on top of the potatoes.

Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes with temperature at 400 degrees F to get a nice golden brown on your potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

This is awesome Jodi, when I was much, much younger in school. They use to call it 'Chinese Pot Pie'. When it was on the menu at school (hot lunches), it was a popular dish along with 'Tom Thumb Pizza's', my family still likes it today.

I make this also, but i brown my hamburger & drain it before i put in baking dish. Your way seems easier. Will have to try it.

I prepare this for vegetarians, instead of the ground meat I use chopped mushrooms, and instead of corn I use peas and vegetable broth.

Shepherd's Pie Recipes, A classic mash potato topped shepaherd's pie.
Shepherd's Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesMarch 21, 2011
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
German Shepherd Mix
German Shepherd Mix Breed Information and Photos
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling