Add Laundry Detergent Before Clothes

When doing laundry, I fill washer with water, adding 1 cup baking soda and your choice of laundry detergent while it is filling. I run the washer for 30 seconds to distribute the detergent and soda. I then add my clothes and wash as normal. This way, all the clothes get the detergent evenly, not just the top ones. Yes, I have a place to put it in before the washer, but I think this cleans the clothing more evenly. I add bleach the same way. I do see a difference.

I also use plain laundry detergent to get out stains! I use a small squirt bottle that Tide gave away years ago, but any small squirt bottle (dish liquid bottle?)will do. I squirt the offending stain with the detergent and add to load as usual. My husband's work T-shirts have sweat stains on the collar that do not come out with bleach and they are always gone with this method.

Source: My single adult son! Who would have guessed he was so savvy.

By eiw from Lancaster, PA

Also, Tide is an excellent laxative. About a tablespoon in a big glass of warm water will do. Works every time!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundrySeptember 15, 2009
liquid laundry soap
Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipes
A box of laundry detergent
Reusing Laundry Detergent Boxes
Dry laundry detergent stored in glass canisters.
Storing Dry Laundry Detergent
Wheelbarrow Flower Decoration
Crafts Using Laundry Detergent Scoops