Knockout Roses Not Blooming

What can I do to get my knockout roses to bloom?

By Sharon

We just moved to our current home 5 months ago and have the knockout roses for the first time. I put banana peels on mine and they went crazy! I also snip the used/spent blooms down to the cluster of fifth leaves and they will come back again. All roses love banana peels. I just throw them (cut up chunks) on top of the soil.

Have you fed them at all? They like a good feeding early when they are putting on foliage and then again about 6 weeks later. I use a concoction on mine called alfalfa tea. I buy alfalfa meal (you can get it at farm stores) and mix it with water. I feed the plants with this a couple of times during the summer.

I've just started the banana peel thing and hope it works as well!

A rose bush growing in a yard.
Growing Roses
Home and Garden Gardening RosesJune 28, 2010
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
Rose hips on rough wood background.
Growing Roses from Seed
Closeup of Lavender Rose
Starting Roses from Cuttings
Heart of a pink rose.
Growing Roses in a Tropical Climate
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 10:44:44 PM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.