Recipes for Lowering Your Cholesterol

I am looking for recipes to help lower cholesterol.

By Es from Riyadh

Answers

My husband had high cholesterol but I didn't; yes we eat the same foods so not all is due to food but how your body processes and deals with fat and cholesterol in the body. Also my dog had high cholesterol and this worked for her too - oatmeal. Now it didn't take their cholesterol into normal levels but it took a huge chunk out. I did other things for my dog but that's a different post.

My husband's diet is relatively good - no fried foods, barely any meat, no dairy to speak of except yogurt, never any boxed or processed foods and already took fish oil so it was hard to make dietary changes so he didn't have to take medication.

So what we did was made more changes: Worked hard to made veggies the focus of our lives, especially beans. I incorporate beans and mushrooms in place of meat in most meals. He now snacks on fruit and avocado when in season is our best friend. The question we both ask is how can we eat more plant based foods today?

What he also did was get back in the gym and committed to going. He has stuck with it and with all the changes made, his levels are now within the normal range.

Something to keep in mind though is that this was not easy. But he wanted it and opened his mind to eating new foods and eating old foods in a new way. When once he would shy away from Brussels sprouts, he now asks when can we have Brussels sprouts. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a big commitment if you don't want to be on medication. It's a real life style change that you have to want to make. I know I didn't give you any recipes, but the bottom line is this: Follow a plant based diet as much as you can. If you want meat, make it an accent not the main part of your meal. Exercise.

Low Cholesterol Tofu Burgers
Low Cholesterol Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes DietingFebruary 23, 2010
A woman cutting vegetables.
Reducing Fats When Cooking
Almonds
Recipes Using Almonds
High Cholesterol With Tangerine
Lowering Your Cholesterol
Lowering a Bed Frame
Lowering a Bed Frame
🎉
🎄