Jess' Zucchini Bread

• 4 large eggs
  • 4 cups shredded zucchini with the skin on
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease bottom and sides of 2 large loaf pans or 3 medium sized loaf pans. Beat eggs in a very large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients without mixing between additions. Beat all ingredients for 1 minute on low, scraping bowl often. Beat on medium speed for another minute. Pour into pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes (you may have to adjust temperature and/or baking time depending on your oven and pans used. If toothpick comes out clean, it's done!) Remove from oven and leave in pans for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, run down sides of pans and as far as you can uder the bread - gently - with a metal spatula. Invert bread on cooling racks.

I use zucchini out of my garden. I always have more than I can eat in the summer. I grate my zucchini and measure out 4 cups that I then put in freezer bags and freeze. When I get ready to make my zucchini bread, I thaw a package of the zucchini and add it to the recipe (don't drain the frozen zucchini!).

I usually make 3 medium sized loaves and give them for Christmas gifts. This is the most requested dessert bread recipe that I have! Enjoy!!

By Jessica from Greenbrier, AR

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Breads QuickSeptember 22, 2008
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes