Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Mountains of garden zucchini and leftover chocolate chips from cupcake making equals chocolate zucchini bread. Great anytime, and can be frozen for future use.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- extra chocolate chips for topping (I omitted this)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix the egg and sugar mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the zucchini, pushing the dough around to make sure the zucchini is evenly spread throughout.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping down the sides. Sprinkle with chips. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool, in the pan, on a wire rack. When it is cool enough to handle the pan, tip bread out onto wire rack and cool completely.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.