Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
August 31, 2019
Mountains of garden zucchini and leftover chocolate chips from cupcake making equals chocolate zucchini bread. Great anytime, and can be frozen for future use.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
- extra chocolate chips for topping (I omitted this)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl whisk together eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix the egg and sugar mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until fully incorporated.
- Fold in the zucchini, pushing the dough around to make sure the zucchini is evenly spread throughout.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, scraping down the sides. Sprinkle with chips. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool, in the pan, on a wire rack. When it is cool enough to handle the pan, tip bread out onto wire rack and cool completely.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.