Washer Drains But Won't Spin

My Kenmore #110 will not spin; it makes a clicking sound. It does drain.

By Dave from Oshawa

February 5, 2011 Flag

Our Kenmore washing machine is a Model#-110.26852503, Type-111, Serial#-CS5119524. It has stopped spinning our clothing during the spin cycle. It doesn't make any strange noises and I already replaced the motor coupler, thinking this was the problem.

One interesting point, the tub spins when it is full of water as it drains the water from the tub, but once the tub has emptied the water, it stops spinning and leaves the clothing soaked. Occasionally it will spin the clothing, but not often.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am trying to keep from hiring anyone to come out and fix it. Thanks.

By Ryan from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Washer Drains But Won't Spin

When I have problems with my washer, I call the repair guy in town. He usually comes the same day, fixes the problem in a half hour or less, and I pay his bill, less than $100. It is so worth it! (11/10/2010)

By louel53

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 8, 2010 Flag

The spin cycles have stopped working on my older Maytag washer. All other cycles run fine and it fills and drains properly. When it comes time to spin, it just completely stops. If I lift and then shut the lid, it seems to kick start the spin, but then it stops again after 10 seconds or so. (It will temporarily start for as many times as I open and close the lid.)

Is this any kind of easy fix I could do myself? The washer is so old, it wouldn't be worth calling a repair man. (I could just get another washer.) Thanks!

By graphixgrl from Indianapolis, IN

Answers:

Washer Drains But Won't Spin

I had the same thing happen. My husband took the bottom kick plate off to expose the motor, and underneath there is a rubber type boot where the water drains (I know you said it drains ok). Take it off. I found over $10.00 in change caught in there. Once removed it worked fine. Worth a look. (09/14/2010)

By hicknny

Washer Drains But Won't Spin

It's probably the transmission. If it is as old as you say, I would seriously consider just replacing the machine for a new one. I believe that would be more cost effective. This is just my opinion. (09/16/2010)

By Deborah570

Washer Drains But Won't Spin

My washer quit spinning, and it was a small part that attached to the motor. I had called the repair man, who diagnosed the problem over the phone, and had the problem fixed that afternoon. The service call was about $75-$100, you could not buy a new machine for that. There is no transmission or gears on a washing machine. My repairman told me that this "no spin" problem is very common. I would call a repair person.

By the way, my machine is 11 years old, and good to go for many more, now that the little part is replaced. (09/21/2010)

By louel53

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersFebruary 5, 2011
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
man with head inside front load washer
Clearing a Clogged Washer Drain
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
🎉
🎄