Make Two Meals at Once

I always save time and gas in the summer by cooking two meals at once. Instead of separating my meats, I cook the whole package. That way one night we have pasta. The next night we have tacos, sloppy joes, or whatever. All I have to do is heat it up in the microwave.

If I am not going to use the meat within a few days, I freeze it after it is cooked. Usually in August, at night when it is cooler, I cook a few night's meals and keep them in the fridge. It is too hot to be cooking, all we do is heat it up.

By Moonseekerjade from Onset, MA

Thanks for reminding me of a great idea!

I used to do this often, The problem is my overweight husband will eat the next days meals for a late night snack! I guess I need a lock on my fridge.

Great idea that can be used all year long, especially for soccer moms and during the busy holidays. Barb

This is a great idea, I would like to add to it, I like to cook boston butt pork roast and the first night maybe serve it with potato's carrot's etc. And then the next night make bar b q sandwiches or bar b q salads which ever you choose they are both great. It is only my wife & I at our home so there is still a lot left over so I freeze it,this can be done with ham and beef roast also.

September 10, 2009 Flag

Save a night of cooking by doubling up on another night. Whatever you're cooking; stew, chicken, meatloaf, chili; prepare another batch at the same time. It won't take any more time than one meal but you'll have two. Eat one that evening and freeze the other for another evening when you won't have to cook, just thaw and reheat.

By Trace from Wartburg

Make Two Meals at Once

It always amazes me that people buy Roasted Chickens for $6.99 each when they can roast 2 chickens on a Sunday night and have them for the week. I am cooking a chicken tonight and it was $.59/lb. It costs a little over $2.00. I have a family of 4. We will eat the chicken tonight for dinner. Tomorrow we may have chicken pot pie with the leftovers and I will save the bones for a soup.

If you make the 2 chickens on a Sunday, you will have enough meat for the rest of the week. Already cooked chicken can be the basis for so many quick meals. (02/12/2009)

By Linda.

A paper with fields to write all the meals for a week.
Planning Meals
Food and Recipes Freezing Freezer MealsSeptember 10, 2009
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
Busy Woman Cooking
Cooking Once a Week
Baking Two Cake Flavors
Baking Two Cake Flavors in One Pan
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook