Removing an Autograph from a Jersey

I have an autograph signed on a authentic basketball jersey that I am trying to remove so I can get it re-signed on the number part instead. I am in a hurry as there is an autograph session on Saturday and is my only chance to get it signed again.

I tried using washing liquid and water which got it faded a bit and I've tried using nail polish remover and it faded a bit more. Should I wait till it dries and continue the same process? Will the full signature eventually fade away completely? Is there any other stuff I could use on it, alcohol or Carbona? Any help would be appreciated.

Ivan from Toronto, ON

What's the problem with it being signed twice? - date the 2nd one.

It seems to me that is the signature area of choice of the player so why not just respect that and leave it be ???

Use the spot remover that comes in the package with dryell home dry cleaning sheets. It is basically dry cleaning fluid and works very well on pen. The package has directions. Good luck.

While I like where it is signed myself, here is an option for you.

I have gotten ink out of my hubby's dress shirts with the following method:

Place a paper towel or rag under the signed part you want to remove. The put or pour alcohol on it. Dab with another rag. Repeat, repeat repeat til its gone.

The ink goes onto the rag underneath. This is a long process as it takes a while to get it all out. But it works on regular pen ink. (This is why hair spray usually is used because of the alcohol content.)

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingFebruary 20, 2009
Food Charity Organization
New Jersey Charity Organizations
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New Jersey Christmas Charities
Sports Jerseys
Making a Sports Jersey Quilt
child getting soccer player's autograph
Transferring an Autograph to a Shoe
🎄