White Board Damaged by Cleaner

Our cleaners at the school used something to clean a white board and now it won't clean well. Not knowing the product they used, I'm not sure what would work to get it right again. I'm sure it was just an all purpose cleaner. Any suggestions?

By Marian from Westchester, NY

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I guess you are meaning it won't clean well with the eraser? I have found that the best eraser is a dry Mister Clean Magic Eraser. I usually just by the 2 for a dollar Dollar Store brand. It takes everything off even the red bleed that normally hangs around or at least it does most of the time.

You could recover the white board, they have it in rolls and you just adhere it onto the surface. Good luck.

September 16, 2010 Flag

I used the wrong cleaner on a white board. Now you can't write on it. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

By Donna

Answers:

White Board Damaged by Cleaner

Try a Magic Eraser (wet). I use a dry one to take off the ink and clean my whiteboard and it works amazingly. I can't guarantee it will work, but.

http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do?gclid=CKu8ju79-qACFQaU7Qod83lvtw (04/09/2010)

By slayergrrl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair OtherSeptember 16, 2010
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Dry Erase Board
Reconditioning a Dry Erase Board
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:34:07 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.