Curried Lentil Soup

This is something I invented while writing an article in my Zine about cooking 5 meals, 4 people for $10! This is one of the recipes that I made from this and my hubby LOVES it even though he doesn't like lentils normally. A definite hit with anyone who has had it. Costs under $2 to make and serves 4 as a meal or 6 as an appetizer.

• 1 onion (diced)
  • 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tsp. curry powder
  • 1 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 cup green/brown lentils
  • 1 (28 oz.) can of diced tomatoes

Directions:

Fry onion in a little oil, then add carrots, salt, and curry. Stir for about a minute, then add lentils, tomatoes. Fill the empty can of tomatoes with water and add to pot. Bring to boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are cooked. Blend the soup and serve with bread!

By Lisa from Halifax

Thanks for this recipe. I will try it. How about sharing your other cheap meals? I would love to see them.

You said that you had an ezine that tells how to feed a family of four for under ten dollars. Could we have that link? Thanks!

Lentil Soup
Lentil Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsJanuary 21, 2009
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Lentil Burger Recipes
Lentil Burger Recipes
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Curried Chicken
Slow Cooker Curried Chicken
🎄