Dirty Refrigerator Handles

I have a GE refrigerator and the handles are turning orange. They said to use a cleaner called Hot Melt which cannot be found anywhere. Can you give me the name of a cleaner to clean them?

Jo Ann

I use vinegar in my kitchen to clean everything. It cuts the grease & etc. Good luck.

Hi, I found a silly solution on another web-site, I was so frustrated with my handles , I just tried it. It worked.

Spray shaving cream on the handles and let it sit for 10 min. I actually let it sit for about 20 minutes and then scrubbed it with a small nail brush. It's actually worked. Not sure if it was the shaving cream or the scrubbing with the brush - but who cares - it worked.

My door handles are quite dirty, yellowing, some stains, etc. I tried using shaving cream and a toothbrush to clean (let the shaving cream sit for 1 hour before cleaning), and nothing! Still yellow and still stained. Shaving cream might clean off light dirt and soil, but so will anything! No, shaving cream is NOT the solution, no magic there. Read on another site the best solution for the common yellowing due to sun exposure is to paint with a paint made for plastics, like Krylon Fusion (sold at Walmart for $6). This is a sure fire won't fail method to get it white. Not sure how durable the paint is, but probably better than door handles that seem to yellow after just 5 years!

In These Guides
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Cleaning Your Refrigerator
Yellowed Refrigerator Handles
Cleaning Yellowed Refrigerator Handles
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 16, 2009
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Refrigerator Drip Pan Fills with Water
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 18, 2017 at 8:48:15 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.