Melted Rubber Inside a Dryer

How do I remove melted rubber (from the sole of a tennis shoe) from inside of an electric dryer?

By Teresa from Douglasville, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

If your dryer got hot enough to actually melt the sole of a tennis shoe, I'd be concerned about that first and foremost. I would definitely pull out the dryer and clean out the flexible piping and check the vent to outside because something is not right and could cause a fire.

One thing you might consider using is a caulking removal tool to remove the melted rubber. I'm not positive it would work but it's made to not damage the porcelain on your bathtub so it shouldn't harm the inside of the dryer and you can find one in any hardware store.

Try Goo Gone- it helps with a lot of stuff like that. Put some of it on some steel wool and scrub.

If your dryer is hot enough to melt rubber, maybe you could use it as a bread machine!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 3, 2010
Bottom of Rubber Boot
Removing Rubber Stains
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 5:13:22 AM on 10.0.2.141 in 820 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.