Removing Rubber Stains

Category Stains
Whether it's from a scum or melted on rubber can easily stain flooring, appliances and more around the home. This is a guide about removing rubber stains.

Rubber items such as vacuum cleaner belts or furniture stops can sometimes leave marks on your carpet. This is a guide about removing rubber stains on carpet.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about removing plunger marks in a toilet. An old plunger may leave marks on your toilet bowl when it is used.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about cleaning black rubber marks on laminate flooring. Black scuff marks from shoes and other items can mar the appearance of your flooring.

This is a guide about cleaning rubber stains from furniture. The small rubber feet on certain products such as tabletop fans can cause discolorations on your furniture.

This guide is about removing rubber backed rug stains on a vinyl floor. You may need some soaking and scraping to remove these stains.

A black rubber bug was left in a pants pocket, the pants were washed and dried and left stains on white clothes. How can these stains be removed?

Bonnie

Answers

By Melissia Knight (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Wal Mart carries "Wipe Away" in a green and orange can in the paint dept. It's an oil and works GREAT in gettng rubber, furniture stains, ink, etc. out of clothing and carpet. It has never ruined any fabric that I used it on. Good Luck!!

Best Answer

I have a gorgeous quilt that got caught in the dryer belt. It has rubber stains on it and has been laundered twice to remove chemicals tried. I tried rubbing alcohol and WD-40 recommended on this site. Nothing. Should I let the solvent sit on the stain? Would Wipe Off work better? Please help!

My husband placed an electronic keyboard, which had been in the truck of his car for few days, on my good table cloth. When he went to pick it up it was stuck to the tablecloth. The rubber tabs at the bottom of the keyboard were melted and stained my table cloth pretty bad. I tried all kind of solvents, nothing helped. I appreciate any advice on how to get rid of this melted rubber stain.

Laurice from Texas

Answers

By Don (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I had some melted rubber on carpet and I had some "Goo Gone" cleaner. and after some effort I was able to get it removed rather well. It took several applications, some elbow grease and some light scraping with a wood chisel.

I used a magnet to hold up a calendar on my refrigerator. The magnet had rubber tips that have now left yellow stains on my refrigerator. How do I remove the stains?

Answers

Magic eraser