Removing Plunger Marks in a Toilet

Category Bathroom
An old plunger may leave marks on your toilet bowl when it is used. This is a guide about removing plunger marks in a toilet.

How can I remove black rubber marks left from using an old plunger in my toilet bowl. I've tried Comet, Goof-Off, Bar Keepers Friend, etc. with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Shaun from Lees Summit, MO

Answers

By Cheryl (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Try dropping two regular alka seltzer tablets in the toliet, let it sit for 20 minutes, then use the brush. Good luck

Best Answer

You can get a pumice stone in the comet, bar keepers isle in the grocery store. Drain the water from the toilet bowl, wet the stone an rub the stone on the stain. It comes right off. Works on many things in and around the house!

By travis in ohio (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The best thing I have ever used to clean the bowl is a effervesent tablet. They are used to clean dentures, which are porcelain and do a great job on the bowl. Just drop it in and let it soak awhile. Brush some of the foaming soap over the marks and wait. Good luck

I would like to know the solution because I have the same problem. I've tried almost everything but these black rubber marks remain.