Use Contact Paper Scraps as Patchwork or Inlay

Contact paper doesn't just have to be used in large blocks. You can use scraps to make patchwork (I did this to re-furbish a semi-sturdy shopping bag.) Or, as inspired by designsponge, use different strips of wood grain to create an inlay effect. Easy! Wood grain contact paper is also great for covering wooden/fiberboard shelves. And I put a strip at the bottom of a found book case to mask some slight damage to the fiberboard base.

Source: me and

By pamphyila from L.A., CA

I love to cover things with contact paper as well. It makes for some pretty organized looking containers. Also, little boxes can be salvaged as well with a "new" look.

Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 16, 2008
Nine patch block and tools for quilting.
Making a Patchwork Quilt
Painting Over Contact Paper
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
Patchwork Skirt
Making a Patchwork Skirt