I Ran Out of Yarn Making a Scarf

If you could help me with my scarf, I would appreciate it. I started my scarf and I have ran out of yarn. How do I attach more yarn to the end?

Erica from NY

No problem, take the end piece from your work and tie a square knot with the new piece (make sure to have about 6 inches from each piece) and continue on with the work. Later when you are done with your work you can then weave in the yarn. Pretty much no matter where tie on a new piece, it will blend in, unless you are doing a really tight and intricate piece, which I can't imagine you are doing since you seem to be a beginner.

Good luck! Hope it turns out great!

I prefer to tie in yarn at the edge. I always tied a knot, but have found a new way that I like better.

Use both the old and the new piece to work the first stitch and then on the next row, and what would now be the last stitch, work both loops/stitches as one stitch. Hope this helps and hope I've explained it clearly.

I often just run two pieces of yard together if it doesn't look like it will cause too much bulk. Otherwise, I pull out some stitches and go back to an edge and tie in there or run two threads form there.