Organizing Plastic Bags

My Japanese friend held a garage sale just before moving back to Japan. I helped her tally the prices in American money. One customer bought many items, so I asked Megumi if she had any plastic bags to give out. She showed me a brown grocery sack full of them, but what a surprise!

Instead of wadded bags stuffed higgledy-piggledy (like at my house), Megumi had taken each bag by the bottom and the handles and smoothed it to a thin, upright column. Then she had laid the brown paper sack on its side and placed each plastic bag inside, with the handles up. When I looked in the paper sack, I saw neat rows of handles. All I had to do was pull a set of handles and out slid a bag, ready for service!

By Stef from Dublin, OH

Cool idea! I wonder if I could teach that to my kids... Worth a try.

Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Organizing StorageDecember 22, 2005
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
different sized bag footballs
Folding Plastic Grocery Bags