Removing Iron On Labels

I bought my husband a dress shirt at Goodwill. It's in perfect shape, but I discovered there is a strange iron on label inside the collar. It's like paper, but it's tough.

I have tried Goo Gone and fabric softener. I have tried heating with the iron. I have tried plain water. I even tried digging it off with a flat screwdriver, but it isn't even fazed. I am at a loss as to how to get it out. Does anyone have any ideas of what would work? Thank you.

By Ruth from Hawthorn, PA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Easy Instructions. Things You'll Need:

Ironing board

Iron

Cloth or parchment paper

Step 1) Place the garment with the iron-on label on an ironing board, with the label facing up. Turn your iron on to the highest setting.

Step 2) Place either a thin piece of cloth or parchment paper over the label.

Step 3) Apply heat to the cloth or parchment paper over the iron-on label for 10 to 15 seconds.

Step 4) Carefully remove the cloth or parchment paper and immediately pull the corner of the label. The label will be hot; consider using a knife to slowly peel back the label.

Step 5) As the label cools, stop peeling and repeat. You may need to steam it off with a damp cloth.

Best Answer

I see that you said you tried an iron, if you try the method "kffrmw88 " suggested and it doesn't work, you may have to put a softer label over the top. Perhaps a dry cleaner would have a suggestion also.

I have tried every suggestion listed here (e.g., hot iron, Goo Gone), in addition to paint thinner and even gasoline. Nothing has removed this damn iron-on patch. I even stopped by my local cleaners to see if they had an idea or industrial-strength adhesive remover I could buy. Nope. Does any1 have any other suggestions?

Answer

Iron-On Patch
Removing Iron-On Labels and Patches
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceMarch 1, 2010
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Treating a clothing stain on a shirt.
Removing Applique Residue from Fabric
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 26, 2016 at 7:04:53 AM on 10.0.2.33 in 579 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.