Wax on Trousers

I have spilt wax on my good trousers. I have since washed them 3 times and tried the paper / iron method and still wont remove the wax. I think the wax is ground into my trousers now. Does anyone know anything else I can try - I love these trousers!

Karen Bain from Scotland

try putting the pants in the freezer and then you can probably scrape it off easily

Chances are the wax actually burnt the fiber of the pants. If it was a delicate then Id almost bet on it. You can try bringing them to the dry cleaners but if the fiber is ruined there isnt anything you can do.

Good luck

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsDecember 30, 2005
Pillar candles on a glass plate with river rocks.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Walls
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Using Leftover Candle Wax, Melted Candles
Using Leftover Candle Wax