A Drinking Straw for Dust Bunnies

When those dust bunnies got ahead of me under my refrigerator I could never get to them back behind the grates. Well no more, I taped about one inch of a large drinking straw to the inside of the long slender attachment for my vacuum leaving the rest of the straw sticking out.

I used masking tape making sure to cover the hole while securing the straw. After taking off the cover at the front bottom of the refrigerator I can now reach them. The little buggers can no longer stay safe back behind the grates as I can reach them with the flexible straw.

By latrtatr from Loup City, NE

What a great idea. Thumbs up!

Brilliant!The next best idea for a hard straw since my daughter Sabrina said they are perfect for pitting cherries! Very useful and frugal. Great job!

Yes, brilliant!

Marg from England

Thanks for this! Dust bunnies, combined with kitty fur & other unmentionables...Gone!

What we have to go through. LOL. Thanks for the tip. :)

You can also buy a long skinny brush for this, but unplug the frig first so it will not get caught in the fans and cost you a lots of money (like it did a friend). The brush is good for a clothes dryer also, hope this helps. My daughter got her brush free from Ga. Power Company in a "save on electricity kit" They say that keeping the dust out saves on your electrical bill.

I love the way it's written, very comical and serves the purpose!

I have purchased the "BARBIE" set of connectors, brushes for the computer, sewing machine, organ, electronics, etc. Before I had that set I also found the bendable plastic straw was good. Even for a longer, get 2 brands of straws, none are usually the same diameter, and you can fit one inside the other, apply some duct tape for strength, longer straw. I used a dixie cup bathroom size (paper) and used a pen to poke a hole in it to slide the straw in. Tape it to the cup so it is sturdy. If you have a flimsy one, use two cups.

I have purchased the "BARBIE" set of connectors, brushes for the computer, sewing machine, organ, eletronics, etc. Before I had that set I also found the bendable plastic straw was good. Even for a longer, get 2 brands of straws, none are usually the same diameter, and you can fit one inside the other, apply some duct tape for strength---longer straw. I used a dixie cup bathroom size (paper) and used a pen to poke a hole in it to slide the straw in. Tape it to the cup so it is sturdy. If you have a flimsy one, use two cups.

I too love the way you wrote it. Great idea also. jenny